How we work
We use the business version of the following Google services:
You can install and use these services locally on your Mac (after being provided with a @nebulab.it account).
Of these services, pay specific attention to calendars and contacts, where you can find various information about useful contacts (clients, freelancers, etc.) and appointments.
We use Slack to chat and keep in touch with others. It is essential to communicate and understand who is doing what at all times. The main account is https://nebulab.slack.com/ and if you have a @nebulab.it email address, you can sign up by yourself.
On Slack, it is possible to find some public rooms that can be freely accessed by anyone (their
names should be self-explanatory, such as
#development) and private rooms that are usually used to
discuss individual projects and/or clients.
- Nebulab light:
- Nebulab dark:
Guidelines on using the chat
Working remotely with various offices brings numerous advantages, but there are also negative aspects. Chat is, in every sense, one of the most important aggregation points we created to maintain stability and compactness within the team. Below we have listed some points to follow when using it:
- Say hi in
#generalwhen we arrive and depart.
- Use the chat for silly things as well.
- Don't worry about disturbing others, those who are busy won't read your messages.
- Avoid private chat as much as possible, especially for help or support requests. Others could have a better answer, learn from the question or may simply want to start a funny flame.
- Slack is our main communication channel and it is important that you can be contacted on it. That said, software development is a trade that requires long periods of concentration so, if you need to phase out, feel free to do so, making sure to advise your colleagues in advance.
- Remember that communication via chat is completely devoid of non-verbal signs, which make up 90% of human communication. Therefore, it is easy to misunderstand or be misunderstood by others. Emojis are an excellent tool for compensating the lack of context and emotion. Those that should be favored most are those that express basic emotions, since they are less complex. Another good option when chat communication becomes too complex is to organize a video call!
In order to get an idea of how to track time on Harvest, look at Measuring time.
Dipendenti in Cloud
In order to keep track of vacations, leave, overtime and sick leave, we use Dipendenti in cloud.
You can request an expense reimbursement by adding your request in the Spese e Viaggi tab.
We use Appear.in for meetings with clients and other team members.
Appear.in is based on the concept of rooms. The main room is /nebulab, which you can use any time you want for work-related matters.
Zoom is also available. For now, it is reserved for management meetings.
We use Tadum for managing the agenda, participants, notes and todos of all our meetings. If you don't have an account yet, ask @mettiu to invite you!